Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge, Derry (The Walled City), Carndonagh (Kearney Heritage), Inishowen Pennisula

 Gary and I did the Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge today.  You drove to the park and then you walked 1/2 mile to the rope bridge........these next couple of pictures of the coastline were absolutely stunning. The weather has been fantastic.  It has not rained a drop.  Today it was 70.  We are counting our blessings. 
 Keep in mind as you look at the depth of these pictures..........we will be walking across from one cliff to the other over a rope bridge..........YEA!!!

 You can see the rope bridge to the right with a person walking across......
 YES, I am scared to death..........of course my husband asked me to turn midstream so he could get a picture!!!!
 Picture from the other side of the bridge........

I caught Gary as he was walking towards me......I didn't ask him to turn while crossing the bridge!

 This is the city of Derry.....we are getting ready to enter the walled city....see the cannons above!  This wall goes completely around the city of Derry.  So much history......
 Gary at the gateway............
 The walkway over the city..........
 I am only posting these for Bridgett.......we found many Kearney gravestones in the city of Carndonagh.......
This should keep Bridgett busy for a while....I can hardly wait to show her what I received at our B&B last night........ We have several more pictures of headstones of different Kearney clan, but won't bore anyone else.........until tomorrow........we are having a great time and again thank you kids for such a wonderful gift............Love Mom and Dad

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are so stunning. The color of the sea and looking over the cliffs, absolutely beautiful. I would have been scared to death walking across that bridge! The gravestones are cool! Derry must be really clean.

    ReplyDelete