Thursday, April 21, 2011

Slieve Cliffs, Knock Shrine, Arnagh Head, and Belmullet

Our Drive up to Slieve Cliffs.........no fences shear drop over the side.  Honestly, Gary and I have never seen anything more spectacular.  Wish everyone could have been with us on this journey.  The Slieve Cliffs are the highest sea cliffs in Europe. It really was amazing.......

 Our journey up to the Sea Cliffs.....
 We had to wait for the baby lamb to move off of the road so we could continue our journey...
 More views....
 You have no idea how steep this is...........I zoomed the camera.......
 More spectacular pictures.......
 In case you are wondering I am the one closest to the edge.....Gary stayed back because he gets dizzy.....
 Again, I was so close to the edge and Gary was having a heart attack..or maybe he was praying I would slip and fall...........
 This is the National School from 1841..

 We stopped and spent 2 hours at the Knock Shrine (Where our lady appeared).  This place is so peaceful and spiritual. There are signs requesting everyone to be silent and people are respectful. 
 The stone rosary at the Knock Shrine.........it is beautiful..
 Knock Shrine Church.........I dropped off all petitions. I lit 5 candles and said prayers for family and friends.  I love this church it is so beautiful!!!.
 This is one of three pictures we took at the Arnagh Head...........unfortunately someone forgot to recharge our camera last night and the battery ran out......disappointed you won't be able to see how beautiful this was. 
 These next few pictures are from yesterday of the Glenevin Falls (highest falls in the United Kingdom).  I couldn't load them last night had a difficult time with the internet connection. 
 This also was a beautiful and peaceful place.  A mile walk but worth it.........
 I spotted this while we were driving to Donegal Town and made Gary turn around so I could get a few pictures........
For those of you who are reading the blog again this is my maiden name...and it isn't a PUB this time......

A couple of notes about the B&B's for this leg of our journey...They have been great. While we were finishing up with breakfast this morning I needed to go back to our room and finish a few things, so I left Gary to finish his coffee.........(Mark Sabov you will get a big chuckle out of this) Gary finished his coffee and keep in mind he had nobody to follow to the room because I had gone a few minutes earlier....well he went into another couples room...........as he walked in the guy said HELLO!!.......we couldn't stop laughing because we ended up seeing them pretty much every stop during the day.........My husband is crazy!!! I know Mark will enjoy this and he can reflect back how when we were in Montauk the first time and how Gary loves to wander.at all hours.......Until tomorrow.......we are on our way to Galway County..............It was a long driving day for us and we didn't make a lot of stops but it was worth going to the Shrine.............God Bless and again thank you kids for such a beautiful gift...........Love Mom and Dad

1 comment:

  1. And Gary told me had 20/20 LOL
    Beautiful pics. How scary driving with no guard rails or fences. I would have peed my pants!

    ReplyDelete